banner5aa

1968

Wakehurst FC Logo Circa 1980Wakehurst Soccer Club was founded in 1968 as an offshoot of the Forest Soccer Club to service the newly developing Belrose/Davidson area. The Club initially shared Bambara Reserve with Rugby league and started with 8 teams from U/6 to U/11. The first Committee consisted of Ron Duncan, Bill Harper Fred Bones, Shirley Bones and Frank Davis.

The table below shows the growth in player numbers over the first five years of the Club.

 

Year 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 2012
No Players 102 152 192 275 313 1246

 

Lionel Watts Oval finishedWakehurst FC Logo Circa 1988